- Max-Planck-Institut für Graviationsphysik (Albert-Einstein-Institut)
- Museum für Naturkunde – Leibniz-Institut für Evolutions- und Biodiversitätsforschung
- Großbritanien-Zentrum, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Bauhaus-Universität Weimar
- Graduiertenakademie, Technische Universität Dresden
- Weierstraß-Institut für Angewandte Analysis und Stochastik
- MARA – Marburg University Research Academy
- Institute of Molecular Biology (IMB), Mainz
- Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft Berlin
- FiNCA: Frauen in den Naturwissenschaften am Campus Adlershof, Berlin
- HIT – Academische Personalentwicklung an Hochschulen in Thüringen
- Deutsches Geoforschungszentrum, Potsdam
- Coworking space u8, Berlin
- Universität Trier
- Berlin International Graduate School of Natural Sciences and Engineering
- Graduiertenschule Higrade, Helmholtz Zentrum für Umweltforschung – UFZ, Leipzig
- Schwerpunktprogramm SPP 1392: Integrative Analysis of Olfaction, Konstanz
- Programm “Promotionscoaching für Individualpromovierende”, Universität Potsdam
- Berlin Mathematical School, Berlin
- Internationale Graduiertenakademie InGrA, Halle
- School of Nanophotonics, Berlin
- Graduiertenkolleg (iGK) Polymere: mehr als nur Zufallsknäuel, Leipzig
- Graduiertenkolleg Sichtbarkeit und Sichtbarmachung, Potsdam
- Humboldt Graduate School, Humboldt Universität zu Berlin
- International Max Planck Research School (IMPRS) for Astronomy and Astrophysics, Bonn
- Potsdam Graduate School, Universität Potsdam
- Dahlem Research School, Freie Universität Berlin
- Max Born Institute for Nonlinear Optics and Shortpulse Spectroscopy, Berlin
- Graduate Program Adlershof für Promovendinnen, Humboldt Universität zu Berlin
- Center for Global Politics, Freie Universität Berlin
- Weiterbildungszentrum, Freie Universität Berlin
- Graduate School of the Collaborative Research Center (SFB) 787: Halbleiter-Nanophotonik: Materialien, Modelle, Bauelemente, Technische Universität Berlin
- Graduate School of the Collaborative Research Center (SFB) 658: Elementary Processes in Molecular Switches at Surfaces, Freie Universität Berlin
- Center for International Cooperation, Freie Universität Berlin
- Mentoring Programm der Deutschen Physikalischen Gesellschaft, Bad Honnef
Sometimes it is difficult to see the forest for the trees in life. As a coach, Maria gave me a clear external view of my situation. She cuts right to the chase of the problem and she helps you find the way out of the labyrinth. Coaching gives me guidance when life gets confusing.
I would like to thank you once more for your help with the guidance. I finished my PhD entirely and work now in a very good lab as postdoc. You helped me a lot to prioritize and figure my professional way.
María has coached me during the transition period between my PhD and first PostDoc. I was overwhelmed by the multitude of tasks and projects and found my self procrastinating and struggling to take decisions. María has helped me a lot in clearing up the picture and overcoming my mental blocks. She taught me a set of very useful tools to do better planning and organize my schedule in a more efficient way. María’s sharp and pragmatic analysis of tasks that to me seemed overwhelming has helped me a lot to structure my work better, and tomove on, step by step, and has enhanced my self-confidence towards my own work.
Thank you María, I really enjoyed working with you!
I especially liked how illustrative and practical it was. And also that problems were addressed specifically and investigated seriously. That the lecturer always had an “open ear” and took time for our questions.
How do I manage the next step in my three-year project? How do I plan the next working day? Where do I get the daily motivation from? In María’s self-management-course I learned methods to break down my dissertation project into manageable tasks and to execute them efficiently. Her pragmatic view on concrete challenges made the analyses and working methods immediately applicable. But the best was the sustainable result: the addition of many little successes brings the joy back into my writing!
I participated in María’s workshop called Improve your time-management during the doctorate with self-coaching in June 2013 in Berlin. During those two days, I realized that in the past I had not tried to find out what my actual problems were (the ones hidden behind the symptoms). I wans’t asking myself the right questions. In the workshop I learned that the only way to solve our problems is to define them accurately. Then everything seems much easier… Thanks María for teaching me the necessary tools!
I would describe María’s coaching as “to the point”. I feel that probably her scientific background allows her to recognize structures quickly and to focus on them. I never felt as though one question was superfluous or unnecessary. Her coachings were also very personal: I was quickly able to develop trust in her because she presents herself as a person and not as an “abstract” coach. Instead of “interrogating” me, she took me by the hand and led me to view the situation from a new angle.
María has a true talent for helping people cut through emotional barriers and mental blocks. In just two sessions on the phone, she helped me identify and rethink several habits and mental patterns that were interfering with my progress on a major writing project. Since our conversations, I’ve been more productive than ever — and writing has become fun for me again! I can’t recommend her highly enough.